Information and Statistics in Basketball Betting
Sports Betting Strategy of StanMy favourite zone of bettings are basketball matches. They're understimated by many betters, but basketball bets bring big profit if you know how to bet on them. I bet every day on NBA matches. By every match there are many options to bet - but I bet most on 2way(ML), 2way with handicap, Over and Under x points. The success come as result of a lot of work - information about the game and statistics for the two teams. When I decide to play the match X, I take into consideration a few factors, which I estimate from 1 to 10, and decide which bet will I take - 1 or 2(2way with or without pointspread), Under or Over number of points.
Factor Number 1 is the form of the two teams - I estimate for example the form of team A with 9(9 wins in last 10 matches) and the form from team B with 3(3 wins in last 10 matches of the team), so here I've got big difference between the recent form of the two teams. ----> Note 1
The second factor is the info about this game
- Key missings(players,coaches)- if there is a big absence for one of the teams I estimate this with 2 punkts lower. If there're 2 missings with 5 - so then the note of this component for this team will be 5(by 2 key missings). ----> Note 2
- How have the two teams played in the last three games - except the record - for example W(won)L(lost)W(won), I read about the level of their play in this matches. Then I add the notes of the 3 games and do one note for the level of play of the team in this 3 games.----> Note 3
- For every match I find the weakness and strenght of the two teams and I estimate which team will have advantage. -----> Note 4
- The tradition in the years - for example the hosts have advantage in the years
- The form of the teams at home and away from home, and are they in winning-streak or losing-streak
- How many points scored they in past matches at home, away from home and overall.
- How many points became they in past matches at home, away from home and overall.
- Is it team A/B a high scoring team, low scoring team, good-defensive team, weak-defensive team.
Note 1A(10 max) + Note2A(10 max) + Note3A(10 max) + Note4A(10 max) + Note5A(10 max) = NoteA(50 max)
Then I do the same with the notes for the second team:
Note1B + Note2B + Note3B + Note4B + Note5B = NoteB
Then I deduct from NoteA(overall note for the team A) the NoteB.
If the difference is lower than 3 it will be a close game, and I skip this game or try it Under or Over X. points, based on te notes of the statistics.
If the difference is between 3 and 5 I bet on ML(2way). If the difference is higher than 5 I bet this game with pointspread.